Emerging Small Business Program
The Emerging Small Business (ESB) Program is a CDOT program that aims to help small businesses acquire the knowledge, experience, and resources needed to participate on CDOT construction, professional service, and research contracts. The ESB Program is a CDOT-specific, race and gender-neutral small business program that was adopted by the Transportation Commission.
Becoming Certified as an ESB
- ESB Certification Process: How to apply and become certified.
- ESB Eligibility Requirements: Criteria for becoming certified.
- ESB Program Benefits: Benefits for becoming an ESB certified firm.
- Schedule an ESB Orientation: Participation required prior to application
- ESB Directory and instructions (coming soon)
- Primary Industry Classification: More information about primary industry classifications determinations.
ESB Annual Renewal
Certified ESB firms must submit documentation annually on the anniversary of their certification to verify continued eligibility.
Utilizing ESB Firms on CDOT Projects
CDOT seeks to create opportunities for ESBs on construction and design projects. Certification is not an endorsement by CDOT of a firm's products, services, or overall quality.