C-470 Express Lanes
NEW: The C-470 Corridor Revised Environmental Assessment, Kipling Parkway to I-25, July 2015 was signed by the Federal Highway Administration and the Colorado Department of Transportation on July 24, 2015. View the document.
The C-470 Tolled Express Lanes Segment 1 project will be constructed, managed, owned, and operated by CDOT. The project is supported by the C-470 Corridor Coalition and partial funding is being provided to CDOT from Douglas County.
Funding all the scope items listed below for Segment 1 is contingent upon net proceeds from toll revenue projections, combined with RAMP funds and other revenue sources. The current proposed work for this project includes:
- Adding two tolled express lanes westbound from I 25 to Colorado, one tolled express lane between Colorado and Wadsworth westbound, and one tolled express lane eastbound from Platte Canyon Road to I 25, with a desire to extend the tolled express lanes in each direction to Kipling;
- Full reconstruction of the existing pavement;
- Adding auxiliary lanes at selected locations;
- Improving on-ramps and off-ramps to current standards (including ramp metering where appropriate), and including construction of direct-connect ramps to the westbound managed tolled lanes to accommodate traffic from I 25 northbound and southbound, and from E 470;
- Realigning substandard curves;
- Safety and operational improvements between I-25 and Quebec;
- Widening of existing bridges throughout the project area;
- Replacing the bridges over the South Platte River;
- Installing water-quality features designed to current standards;
- Installing noise barriers where required;
- Installing ITS elements and tolling equipment;
- And, installing the appropriate signing and striping required for the proposed corridor improvements.
Additionally, the project includes adding grade separations for the C-470 multi-use trail at Colorado Boulevard and Quebec Street where grade separations are required at the off ramp, on ramp and under Quebec Street.
For lane closure information visit www.codot.gov/travel/scheduled-lane-closures.html.