In June 2015, CDOT appointed Kiewit Infrastructure Co. to serve as the CM/GC contractor in making the permanent repairs to US 34 between Estes Park and Loveland. These repairs will include restoring bridges and retaining walls, building the roadway to be more resilient to flood damage, repairing the roadway to pre-flood conditions, replacing guardrails and revegetating areas.
Click here for more information regarding the CM/GC process.
This project will be primarily funded by Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Emergency Relief Monies. Click here to view the FHWA Emergency Relief Manual.
- Release of RFP: March 19, 2015
- Pre Proposal Meeting: March 31, 2015
- Proposal Deadline: April 23, 2015, 12:00pm
- Est. Shortlist Notifications: April 2015
- Est. Interviews: May/June 2015
- Est. Selection: June 2015
- Est. Notice to Proceed: July 2015
- Did you know?
At least eight different entities will be working in the river concurrently with CDOT. Together, we are coordinating with regulatory agencies to ensure water quality is maintained. If you notice water quality issues, please contact the project team: 970-667-1005.