I-70 Bridge Rehab at Tennyson Street and Sheridan Boulevard
In June, the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) began installing fiber reinforced polymer (FRP)—material used to rehabilitate and restore the strength of deteriorating structures—at the Sheridan Boulevard and Tennyson Street bridges at I-70. This work will strengthen the bridge by repairing concrete structural pillars and bridge deck undersides. Crews will also remove loose and damaged concrete before installing the FRP.
Project benefits include:
- improved resiliency;
- corrosion resistance; and
- minimal required future maintenance.
The project is expected to last through October 2016.
As of October 2016, the project is approximately 95 percent complete. Concrete repairs and FRP installation at both the Sheridan Boulevard and Tennyson Street bridges has been completed. Additionally, the light pole at the Tennyson Street bridge was replaced. Final work includes FRP painting, concrete patching and epoxy injection.
- Contractor(s): Restruction Corporation
Schedule and Traffic Impacts
Normal working hours at the Tennyson Street Bridge will be 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Working hours at the Sheridan Boulevard Bridge will be 7:30 p.m. - 7 a.m., Monday through Friday nights. Some Saturday work can be expected.
- Tennyson Street will be a single, one-way lane, with flaggers directing traffic through the construction zone.
- Sheridan Boulevard will have two lanes closed in each direction, with one lane remaining open during working hours.
- Please use caution while traveling through the construction zone. Follow flaggers' directions and posted speed limits.
- Contact Us
9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Monday - Friday
- Hotline: 303-694-3134
- Email the Project Team.