I-76 at US 85 Reconstruction
CDOT has begun reconstruction at the Interstate 76 and US Highway 85 interchange. The project will improve the geometry of the westbound I-76 curve where the interstate joins southbound US 85.
Additionally, this project will:
- Upgrade the transition to current design standards to improve safety and traffic flow.
- Add a travel lane from southbound US 85 to 96th Avenue.
- Resurface portions of I-76 with new concrete pavement.
- Provide new roadway drainage, lighting and water-quality measures.
Construction will continue through winter with anticipated completion in late 2017, or early 2018.
- Cost: $10 million (partially funded by FASTER Safety Funds)
- Contractor(s): Villalobos Concrete Inc.
Motorists should expect lane closures and reduced speed limits
The project will be completed in phases to minimize traffic impacts.
Phase 1 involves constructing detour pavement adjacent to the inside lanes of I-76. Detour pavement is also necessary along the east side of US 85. Traffic will shift onto the detour pavement so permanent construction can begin on the outside lanes of I-76 and US 85. Temporary barrier wall will separate motorists from adjacent construction activities.
During construction, the speed limit will be reduced to 55 mph and fines will be doubled. Lane widths will be reduced to 11 feet through the work zone. All oversized vehicle width restriction of 15 feet will be strictly enforced. All work is weather permitting and schedules are subject to change.
- Contact Us
- Hotline: 720-296-0110
- Email the Project Team.