CO 21 (Powers Boulevard) Widening Fountain Boulevard to Platte Avenue
- Cost: $6.3 million
- Contractor(s): SEMA Construction
This project will reduce congestion and improve safety on CO 21 by widening two roads and adding turn lanes.
Crews have started widening Airport Road and Stewart Avenue. There will be lane shifts and lane closures happening through the end of September 2016.
Additionally, this project will:
- widen CO 21 (Powers Boulevard) between US 24 (Fountain Boulevard) and Platte Avenue.
- widen Airport Road east and west of CO 21 to complete a four-lane roadway, from the west side to the entrance of Peterson Air Force Base.
- add turn lanes to the CO 21/Airport Road intersection.
- add a noise wall on the west side of CO 21 and south of Airport Road.
Project work, scheduled through October 2016, is scheduled for 7 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Motorists can expect some night work (8 p.m. - 5 a.m.).
These images show the installation of the sound wall along the west side of Powers Boulevard, south of Airport Road. A total of 174 panels will be placed. As of Aug. 16, 25 percent of the panels have been installed. Crews are expected to complete this work within two weeks.
- Contact Us
- Hotline: 719-593-9239