April 19-20 I-70 to Sixth Street Night Detours Postponed to April 25-26
Crews have postponed an overnight detour of traffic from both directions of I-70 onto Sixth Street to 8 p.m. Tuesday, April 25 through 6 a.m. Wednesday, April 26.
The Grand Avenue Bridge (GAB) project is the largest infrastructure project on the Western Slope in 25 years. Now in phase three of this five-phase project, crews are working to replace the more than five-decade-old traffic bridge in Glenwood Springs.
Use this site to learn more about our work to improve one of two routes for motorists to cross the Colorado River and Interstate 70, and its construction of a new pedestrian bridge along the GAB. You can also follow us on Facebook.
Week Look Ahead
- CO 82 Northbound & Southbound Grand Avenue Bridge, through June 2018
- 24/7: Periodic northbound and southbound one-lane closures on the Grand Avenue Bridge
- M-F: One-lane reduction on Sixth Street from the Grand Avenue Bridge to Laurel Street and the Exit 116 interchange
- 24/7: Dedicated left turn lane pocket on eastbound CO 82 and Eighth Street closed
- Night Detour through June 2018 on I-70 Eastbound/Westbound Grand Avenue Bridge, Exits 114 & 116
- 24/7: I-70 Exit 114 interchange reduced to one-lane
- 24/7: I-70 Exit 116 eastbound on-ramp merge point reduced to one-lane
- 5:30-9:30 a.m., M-F: I-70 eastbound on-ramp closed
- 8 p.m. - 6 a.m., April 25: All I-70 traffic approaching Exit 116 detoured to Sixth Street, and the GAB will be closed
- Project News
- Two-Month Grand Avenue Bridge Paving Work Begins Week of April 17 Apr 13, 2017
- Intersection work begins downtown in April, I-70 Exit 114 and Exit 116 work begins on Grand Avenue Bridge project Mar 31, 2017
- Regional Contractor Conference Call regarding Grand Avenue Bridge Detour Friday, March 10, 2017 - 10:00am Mar 08, 2017