US 160 and US 550 in Durango: Concrete Rehabilitation
Please check back soon for updates as construction gets underway, and please sign up today to receive project updates via email or text.
- Contractor(s): Acme Concrete Paving, of Spokane, Wash.
In early March 2017, crews will begin a project to rehabilitate the concrete surface of US Highways (US) 160 and 550 through Durango. The project will go through Durango's main business corridor, beginning at Tech Center Drive on US 160, just west of the US 160/550 intersection, and end at Animas View Drive (at 3800 Main Ave.) on US 550 north of Durango.
The project is expected to last approximately three months, with the intent of completing work by the latter part of May, in time for Memorial Day holiday weekend travel.
See weekly travel impacts for this project, as well as others in Southwest Colorado.
Feb. 23, 2017, Public Open House
Key points presented at the open house included the benefits and anticipated impacts of the project:
- Prolonging the life of the current concrete pavement
- Enhancing the safety of the highway
- Improving roadway smoothness
- Restoring skid resistance of the pavement surface
- Replacing and patching damaged concrete pavement
- Removing conflicting stripe shadows
- Installing new pavement markings with bike lanes
- Project phasing and resulting travel impacts
- Night work plans
- Contact Us
- Hotline: 970-903-5745
- Email:[email protected]
- Project News
- **DURANGO TRAVEL ALERT** Ramp CLOSED Sun Night through Mon Night Mar 19, 2017
- Crews to Close East 15th Street at Main Avenue Tomorrow for US 160/550 Concrete Rehab Project Mar 14, 2017
- CDOT, Contractor to Begin Work March 6 on US 160 & US 550 Concrete Rehabilitation through Town Mar 03, 2017