Tolling in Colorado
Information on the I-25 Express Lanes, public-private partnerships and other innovative and efficient means of completing surface transportation infrastructure projects.
- I-25 HOV Express Lanes
- HOV/tolled Express Lanes maximize the efficiency of HOV lanes. HOV/Express Lanes allow those who drive alone (also known as "single occupant vehicles") to use the HOV/Express Lanes if they pay a toll. As the HOV lanes have excess space, there is still room for additional vehicles without any travel time impacts to carpoolers to use these lanes without paying a toll. However, those who drive alone will now have the option of paying a toll.
- High-Performance Transportation Enterprise (HPTE)
- The business purpose of the Transportation Enterprise is to pursue public-private partnerships and other innovative and efficient means of completing surface transportation infrastructure projects.
- Colorado Tolling Enterprise
- The Colorado Tolling Enterprise (CTE) is no longer in existence and has been replaced by the High Performance Transportation Enterprise. Documents and reports from the CTE can be found here.
- E-470 Public Highway Authority
- The E-470 Public Highway Authority ("Authority") consists of eight member jurisdictions: Adams, Arapahoe, and Douglas counties and the cities of Aurora, Brighton, Commerce City, Thornton, and the town of Parker. Affiliate, non-voting members are the cities of Arvada, Broomfield and Greeley, and Weld County. Ex-officio members are the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT), Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) and the Regional Transportation District (RTD). "Public Highway Authorities" are established by local jurisdictions under title 43 article 4 of state statutes.
- Northwest Parkway
- The Northwest Parkway is a 75-mile per hour toll road that seamlessly connects I-25 at E-470 in the north metro Denver area, with U.S. 36 and State Highway 128 in Broomfield. The Parkway is a 100% privately funded road. For more details on the Northwest Parkway, please visit their website.