Permits, Forms & Information
- Permit Application
- Important Reminder: The Permit Office has a 2-hour turn around time for the issuance of Single Trip permits. We will not guarantee that applications received after 3:00 p.m. (MT) will be processed on the same business day. Applications are processed in the order in which they are received. Please allow 2-3 weeks for the Permit Office to process Chapter 6 Special Permits. Due to a shortage of staff inthe Bridge section and an increase in applications, we are requesting that all applications and supporting documentation be submitted well in advance so the applications can be put in the queue to be processed. Our busiest days of the week are typically Mondays and Fridays. We recommend that applications be submitted early in the day to avoid delays.
- Rules and Regulations for Transport Permits
- For the Movement of Extra Legal Vehicles or Loads
- Printable Addendum
- This page is attached to each permit issued by the State of Colorado DOT.
- For Your Information (FYI’s) Flyers
- Highlights legal size and weight limits for Colorado and information regarding Longer Vehicle Combinations (LVCs).
- Non-Interstate Overweight Divisible Permits Fact Sheet
- Longer Vehicle Combinations (LVC) Checklist
- Longer Vehicle Combinations (LVC) Permit Application Form
- Print and fax to us.
- Information Pertaining to Company Fleet Permits
- Colorado's Chain Up Tips
- Chain Up Rules
- Travel Restrictions Imposed by the Department of Transportation on State Highways
- Truck Permit Office
CDOT Permit Office
4201 East Arkansas Avenue, Rm 124
Denver, Colorado 80222
Long Distance: 1-800-350-3765
Local Calls: 303-757-9539
Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Phone calls accepted 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Walk-Ins until 4:00 pm
Note: Permit Staff Meetings are typically scheduled on
Thursdays, 10:00 am - 10:30 am (MT)
Suggestions to help us improve our service?
E-mail us and let us know: email@example.com