120th Avenue Connection Final Phase
Emerald Closed Between 120th and 1st
Starting Monday, March 13, Emerald will be closed between 120th and 1st. Although we will make every effort to assist impacted residents/businesses, this utility work is being handled by Xcel Energy. We believe the closure will last approximately three weeks.
Crews are completing utility work will along 120th Avenue, which will impact the right lane from Saulsbury to west of Emerald. Emerald will be closed at 120th Avenue through March.
120th Avenue Connection Update: Detour, Stage 2
New Traffic Pattern Expands to two Lanes from 120th Local to Teller
Motorists traveling on US 287 will use an updated detour route between 120th Local and Teller Street. Travelers in both directions will have two lanes available for use through the area.
Please note that no left turns will be allowed through the detour area. This traffic shift will remain in effect until early summer 2017.
In October 2015, crews completed the following as part of the 120th Avenue Connection project:
- Relocated gas, electric and communications utilities;
- Excavation and earthwork—primarily west of the railroad near Colmans Way; and
- Completed the project's scoped portion of the railroad shoo-fly to the existing railroad siding track area.
Work completed in November and December 2015:
- Created a detour for the BNSF Railway at 120th Avenue (local); and
- Closed Nickel Street between Commerce Street/Industrial Lane and US 287 for the removal of the BNSF Railway siding tracks, which allowed crews to safely begin construction of the final phase of the 120th Avenue Connection/extension of CO 128.
A new railroad structure will be constructed and the tracks will be moved back to their current location when this phase of the project is completed in or around May 2018.