C-470 Express Lanes
Construction is ramping up!
Starting in November of 2016 travelers will see increased construction activity along the corridor. The contractor team of Flatiron|AECOM will begin setting temporary barriers, setting overnight lane closures and beginning erosion control and utility work. Please remember to slow for the cone zone!
See a brief overview of the September 2016 open house.
The C-470 Express Lanes project will increase mobility and user choice along 12.5 miles of C-470 between I-25 and Wadsworth Boulevard. The $276 million project includes the following improvements:
- Mobility Improvements:
- In the westbound direction: two additional Express Lanes constructed from I-25 to Colorado Boulevard and one additional Express Lane from Colorado Boulevard to Wadsworth.
- In the Eastbound direction: one additional Express Lane constructed along the length of the project between I-25 and Wadsworth Boulevard.
- Additional safety and infrastructure improvements:
- full reconstruction of existing pavement
- new auxiliary lanes at selected locations
- on- and off-ramp improvements
- realignment of substandard curves
- widening of existing bridges
- replacing the bridges over the South Platte River
The Project is funded by $110.6 million in combined state and federal funding and $10 million from Douglas County. The remainder will be funded via a loan repaid by toll revenues from the Express Lanes.
The C-470 Express Lanes project will add Express Lanes in addition to the existing, free general-purpose lanes. Drivers will always have a choice of using the free existing lanes or paying a toll to use the Express Lane. There will be no HOV/carpool lanes within the C-470 corridor.
Express Lanes increase roadway capacity and help to manage congestion on highways. The use of toll pricing during peak travel times reduces delays, manages congestion and maintains reliable travel times. Express Lanes are currently open on I-25 between downtown Denver and 120th Avenue, US 36 between Denver and Boulder, and on I-70 between Idaho Springs and Empire. For more information, visit www.codot.gov/programs/expresslanes.
Find lane closure information any time.