**DURANGO TRAVEL ALERT** Ramp CLOSED Sun Night through Mon Night
- SUNDAY (3/19): Starting (tonight) at 9:00 p.m. US 160 eastbound right-turn ramp onto southbound US 550 will be CLOSED (at the junction of US 160/550 at the Double Tree); the ramp will remain closed through late Monday evening. Traffic can still turn right using the normal travel lane on EB US 160, but will be reduced to a single lane to accommodate truck turning movements.
- MONDAY (3/20): US 160 eastbound right-turn ramp onto southbound US 550 remains CLOSED until late Monday night (at the junction of US 160/550 at the Double Tree); also expect traffic shifts in various locations along Camino del Rio and north Main, as usual.
- TUESDAY-WEDNESDAY (3/21-3/22): US 160 eastbound right-turn ramp onto southbound US 550 should be OPEN (at the junction of US 160/550 at the Double Tree). Same traffic shifts/delays as above (for Monday) along Camino/north Main.
- THURSDAY (3/24): Lane closures at 14th Street begin at 7:00 p.m., open at 5:00 a.m. Friday morning; also expect various traffic shifts as above during previous days in the week.
- FRIDAY - SUNDAY (3/24 - 3/26): Lane closures at 14th Street continue, starting at 7:00 p.m. and remaining in effect until early Monday (3/27) prior to rush-hour traffic; also expect some various traffic shifts as above from earlier in the week.
BACKGROUND: The concrete rehabilitation and surface treatment project extends along US Highways 160 and 550 through Durango. The project limits lie between Tech Center Drive on US 160 west and Animas View Drive on north Main. Motorists will encounter work in various areas along the corridor from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Some Sundays and some overnight closures may be implemented through May 26.
On Monday, March 6, CDOT and contractor, Acme Concrete Paving of Spokane, WA, began the highway improvement project on US 160/550. The work is expected to last approximately three months, with the intent of completing the work prior to the Memorial Day holiday weekend at the end of May.
SIGN UP FOR WEEKLY UPDATES: Those interested in staying up to date on the project and work schedule can do so by visiting the project web site at 160-550durangoconcrete.codot.gov (click on the green phone icon in the upper right corner, follow the instructions to sign up for “US 160/550 Durango” under the Projects list). The project public information line is (970) 903-5745.
# # #