CORA Information and Procedure

The Colorado Open Records Act, (CORA) C.R.S. § 24-72-201 to 206, provides that all public records shall be open for inspection by any person at reasonable times, except as provided in part 2 or as otherwise specifically provided by law.  It is the intention of CDOT to apply this Act in a uniform and reliable manner to comply with its provisions.

Records requests or requestors that cite the federal Freedom of Information Act shall be treated as though they were made pursuant to the Colorado Open Records Act.

Public records are those writings kept by a State Agency as required by law or administrative rule involving the receipt or expenditure of public funds.  See CRS 24-72-202 (6).  CDOT may only provide existing business documents.

Costs may be assessed for a records request according to the service.  Please see the FAQ Section for the fee.

For answers to your questions please see the FAQ Section.

PROCEDURE - In order to respond to your requests as efficiently as possible, please read and follow the instructions:

Use CDOT form 1092, Request to Inspect Public Records, and be certain to include your phone number and email address.  All requests must state whether the request is or is not related to actual or potential litigation in which the Colorado Department of Transportation is or may become a defendant.

You may scan and email, fax, or send the completed form via U.S mail:

The CDOT CORA email address is:  [email protected]

The CDOT CORA Fax # is:  303-757-9153

The CDOT mailing address is:  4201 E. Arkansas Ave – Room 277, Denver CO 80222  Attn: CORA - Records Request Officer

The CDOT CORA form is: CDOT Form 1092

Request for bridge-related documents are handled by the Bridge Design and Management Office.  Please see the FAQ Section for the appropriate person in bridge to send the request form 1092 to.

Request for copies of as-built construction plans, current projects plan sets, ownership information, highway easement deeds, grants, licenses and/or other ownership-related and access-related documents should be sent to the Right-of-Way Office.  Please see the FAQ Section for the appropriate person in Right-of-Way to send request form 1092 to.

Request concerning media issues are handled by Amy Ford, [email protected], Director of the Office of Communications at CDOT Headquarters.

Filed under:

CDOT Contact Information

Flood Information

Your CDOT Dollar Badge

Cotrip Badge

Colorado: The Official State Web Portal