Highway Impacts begin Monday for USA Pro Challenge
Stage One is the Aspen/Snowmass Circuit. State Highway 82 will be impacted from noon until approximately 4 p.m. No vehicular traffic will be able to access Aspen or Snowmass Village via SH 82 during this time.
The 2013 USAPC brings many of the world’s top cyclists and their fans to Colorado. The race begins Monday and continues through Sunday, August 25. Race officials estimate more than one million spectators will view the race in person. Navigating nearly 600 miles of terrain, racers will pass through numerous towns and cities, including Aspen, Breckenridge, Steamboat Springs, Beaver Creek, Vail, Loveland, Fort Collins and Denver.
During the seven day race, traveler information will be available at the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) traveler information website:www.cotrip.org/content/usapcc/. It lists all highways impacted by each race stage, and also refers visitors to official websites for local road closures. The site also contains information for motorists regarding anticipated delays, oversize/overweight restrictions, suggested alternative routes, long-term parking information, and answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs). The times for delays and closures are estimates and may be subject to change depending on the pace of the riders, weather, and other unforeseen circumstances. CDOT would like to remind motorists to obey road signs, the Colorado State Patrol, and race officials.
For real-time information related to highway impacts, motorists are encouraged to sign up for CDOT’s email and text alerts, available atwww.coloradodot.info by clicking on the green cell phone icon. Following CDOT on Twitter (@coloradodot) also provides current updates. Daily road closure information during the event will be available by calling 511 from anywhere in the state or by visiting www.cotrip.org.
Summary of Upcoming Highway Impacts – Tuesday through Sunday:
- August 20/Stage 2/from Aspen to Breckenridge: SH 82 east over Independence Pass to Twin Lakes, U.S. 24 south to Buena Vista, U.S. 24/285 over Trout Creek Pass and northwest to Fairplay, SH 9 north over Hoosier Pass to Breckenridge. Impacts begin at 7 a.m. and end at approximately 4 p.m.
- August 21/Stage 3 from Breckenridge to Steamboat Springs: SH 9 north to Kremmling, U.S. 40 west to Steamboat Springs. Impacts begin at10 a.m. and end at approximately 4 p.m.
- August 22/Stage 4 from Steamboat Springs to Beaver Creek: County roads to Oak Creek, SH 131 south to Wolcott/U.S. 6 east to Avon/Beaver Creek. Impacts begin at 10:30 a.m. and end by approximately 4 p.m.
- August 23/Stage 5/Vail Pass Individual Time Trial: U.S. 6 in Vail (Frontage Road), Interstate 70 westbound Vail Pass (right lane closed). Impacts begin at 10 a.m. and end by approximately 4 p.m.
- August 24/Stage 6/from Loveland to Fort Collins: I-25 entrance/exit ramps between Loveland/Greeley interchange (Exit 257) and Windsor Interchange (Exit 262), U.S. 34, U.S. 287, U.S. 36, SH 7. Highways impacted include State Highway 93, State Highway 119, State Highway 72, State Highway 7, and US 36. Impacts begin at 11 a.m. and end by approximately 4 p.m.
- August 26/Stage 7/Denver Circuit: U.S. 40/287 (Colfax Avenue) in downtown area. Impacts begin at 11 a.m. and end by approximately 4 p.m.